July 6-8: Francisco´s Second Trip to Juarez (Waiver Appointment) And me all by my lonesome....

Francisco flew to Juarez for the second time for his Waiver Appointment. This is the BIG DEAL appointment. Now we need to wait 2-3 weeks to find out when Francisco can return to the U.S. Your prayers are appreciated....

And...on my end....(I missed him soooooooooooooooo much while he was gone... sorry if I sound negative... I´m much more positive now...I was sick then)

Yeah, Francisco made it home and I am NOT a happy camper! Woke up to a cockroach in my cozy bed while snuggling with Andrew. He (I assume it’s a he! No female could ever be undignified enough to me a roach in my opinion!) was not welcome during our snuggle time!! Later, a cockroach was in my shorts. When I attempted to put them on a little (yet disgusting, disease-carrying, WORTHLESS) roach crawled up on my arm and jumped to Andrew’s pack’n’play. I was still feeling pretty sick and this was enough for me to say: We are staying at a hotel. Francisco sprayed the heck out of the room while I got much needed sleep at the hotel. On Friday we made it to the doctor and found out I had a throat and ear infection. Whoa – no wonder I was feeling so crappy! I found it strange that I’d have a throat infection when my throat didn’t hurt much at this point, and she also didn’t do a throat culture. Also, I’d never had strep. I later spoke with a travel nurse who said throat cultures are VERY expensive and not that affordable in developing countries. She also said her worst case of strep ever was pain free, but that she was incredibly exhausted. I guess I fit the bill. Later, on Sunday, my eardrum ruptured! Ouch! Looks like I’ll have a couple weeks where I won’t be able to hear well.

No comments:

Post a Comment